buffy rewatch: Bring on the Night (s07e10)
When you dream about something and then it happens, is like… this is it, this is the moment, like a dream come true moment.
(Source: petiteberry, via slushiedglee)
Maybe this time when I read Order of the Phoenix Sirius won’t die
I read somewhere that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.
A CROW TRIED TO GO IN OUR CLASSROOM AND HE HAD A PEN
yes hello i am here to learn geometries
That crow is more prepared than some of my students.
You’ve all just like, completely skipped over the possibility that this crow has seen people using pens in this room, found one, and is trying to return it. There’s been videos of crows picking up sweet wrappers and stuff and placing them in bins after seeing humans put their litter in bins. I really do believe that this crow is trying to return the pen and that is ADORABLE AS HELL.
THEY ARE SO SMART I LOVE THEM
Crows are thought to be self aware by some scientists. Its perfectly possible the crow wants to return the pen to humans. Knowing it belongs to humans.
Corvids. Who KNOWS. :)
Another cool crow deal: Once, when trying to assess if crows could reason and use tools, scientists had two crows who didn’t know each other each take a wire from a table (one was hooked, one was straight) and try to grab meat from a bottle with it. The crows could see each other, though they had separate bottles. Only the straight wire worked for this, so they hypothesized that if crows could reason, the second trial would have the two crows fighting over the straight wire. The second trial started and, to the surprise of the scientists, the two crows both went for the bent wire, one held it down and the other unbent it. They both got meat out of their bottles. They came to a peaceful solution without verbal communication. Crows are probably smarter than we are.
(Source: sickpage, via insanesuperwholockian42)
Fun Fact: Morgan Freeman does his own stunts.
Fun fact: this was actually a two story window prior to Morgan Freeman sitting on the windowsill. Once the house realized who he was, it retracted itself into the ground to prevent injury to Morgan Freeman.
(Source: gifak-net, via insanesuperwholockian42)
This Is How Koalas Run
it looks so dumb i want 42
Except you can’t show a topless woman on TV - and you can’t defibrillate a woman in a bra. So victims of heart attacks on TV are always male. Did you know that a woman having a heart attack is more likely to have back or jaw pain than chest or left arm pain? I didn’t - because I’ve never seen a woman having a heart attack. I’ve been trained in CPR and Advanced First Aid by the Red Cross over 15 times in my life, the videos and booklets always have a guy and say the same thing about clutching his chest and/or bicep.
And people laugh when I tell them women are still invisible in this world.
re: feministing - for women, heart attacks look different
Things I did not know, but should.
This is a post that might save a life.
My mom worked for 25 years as an ER nurse and is convinced that a lot of women die simply because folks only know heart attack symptoms that occur in males.
Stop saying it’s okay when your soul’s bleeding. Stop trying to dodge knives that always end up in the depths of your heart. Stop looking to the ceiling hoping that tears won’t overflow. Stop taking people’s shit. Walk away. Fuck them all.
Self advice, E.B. (via aionia)
(Source: a-ionia, via panettoneschmidt)
EVERYONE who reblogs this will be insulted in Shakespearean fashion.
I am so looking forward to this …
I GOT MINE BEING INSULTED HAS MADE MY NIGHT
SHES NOT JOKING
If a dead ancestor doesn’t appear in the sky to stop me, it can’t be that bad of a decision
IS THIS SERIOUSLY FREAKING HAPPENING!!! I MEAN I HAVE HEARD RUMORS BUT ADKLSJDAKLJDASLJLKDJF…. IDK IF I WANNA GET EXCITED FOR THIS OR NOT!!! [x]
OMYGOD THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING I’M CRYING
Just leaving this here
Body Language Cheat Sheet for Writers
As described by Selnick’s article:
Author and doctor of clinical psychology Carolyn Kaufman has released a one-page body language cheat sheet of psychological “tells” (PDF link) fiction writers can use to dress their characters.
List of things I am forever pissed off about from Harry Potter that was not put in the films
- 1. Peeves
- 2. S.P.E.W.
- 3. Hermione's solution to Snape's Sorcerer's protective potion
- 4. Luna commentating Quidditch
- 5. Neville Longbottom's prophecy
- 6. Dudley's apology
- 7. Tom Riddle's family and origins of orphanage because of the failed love spell.
- 8. Charlie. (Like really, barely even an honorable mention?!!)
- 9. Harry's Polyjuice Potion at Bill and Fleur's wedding
- 10. More mention of Bill's half werewolf bite
- 11. Pettigrew's involvement at Malfoy Manor and his death repaying his debt to Harry
- 12. Bill and Fleur's love story
- 13. The marauders backstory
- 14. James/Lily/Serverus' relationship and ONE OF THE ONLY LOVE TRIANGLES IN THE BOOKS
- 15. Snape=Half blood Prince
- 16. Filch is a squib (which has little to no explanation)
- 17. Professor Binns. Although quite boring and such, Binns is a ghost that died and continued teaching as though nothing had happened
- 18. Explanation of Animagus
- 19. Fleur is a Veela and Veelas aren't even mentioned!
- 20. Ron and Hermione are selected as prefects which excludes Harry even more during the fifth book
- 21. Weasley is our king chant proving Ron is worth something
- 22. Firenze. In general. I mean come on!!
- 23. Meeting Neville's parents and asked to keep it secret.
- 24. Seeing Lockhart at St. Mungos, crazy off his rocker.
- 25. Apparition tests
- 26. Teddy Lupin
- 27. Godric's hallow memorial and words of encouragement for Harry
- 28. Dumbledore's family and the tragic past
- 29. The headless hunt
- 30. Ludo Bagman
- 31. The Quidditch cup and the special binoculars
- 32. Winky. Explain why we couldn't get a special house elf who is a drunk and is afraid of heights.
- 33. At the Quidditch cup Harry and the Weasley's had special seats in the top box with the announcers, the Malfoys and other distinguished guests
- 34. Percy acting like a complete dickhead only to come back and make it up with the family.
- 35. Molly's boggart and Sirius' reaction to Harry dead on the floor
- 36. THE FUCKING ELDER WAND MAN!
- 37. Harry offering Tom a chance for remorse
- 38. Harry sneaking off to Voldemort with the invisibility cloak (because there is literally no way in holy hell that Hermione and Ron would just let him go)
- 39. Hagrid's father figure role to Harry (and the side line one for Ginny)
- 40. Ginny's first kiss with Harry after they had won a Quidditch match (NOT IN THE FUCKING ROOM OF REQUIREMENT! HARRY GREW SOME BALLS AND HAD WORKED UP THE COURAGE TO KISS GINNY, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND)
- 41. Dobby's involvement
- 42. The kitchens and the way food magically appears
- 43. Fred and George throwing snowballs at the back of Quirrel's turban. I mean they were LITERALLY hitting Voldy in the face!!
- 44. Pigwidgeon
- 45. The firebolt actually given to Harry earlier but confiscated by McGonagall because Hermione tattled
- 46. ALL THE SHOPS IN HOGSMEAD. Do you know how disappointed I was to not see half of the shops that were described.
- 47. The first year duel with Malfoy and Ron's advice to punch him if nothing happens
- 48. What really happened at the ministry with the tub with the brain and the clocks and the time turners and.. And.. And....
- 49. The rumor of Harry's tattoo, that was great
- And lastly cause this is too long already:
- 50. The final battle scene. Neville should have been more of a bamf. Colin and his brother died which should have gotten more attention. Fred was brushed off. And the huge reveal that Snape was actually on Dumbledore's side since Lily had died.
- Sorry if anything is incorrect, please feel free to edit and add
Stare at him lustfully.
Stare at him lustfully.
STARE AT HIM LUSTFULLY.
may i point out
ARE WE ALL GOING TO IGNORE THE FACT THAT IT SAYS DEAN AND CASTIEL RIGHT BELOW THAT
OR KIRK AND SPOCK RIGHT ABOVE IT OH MY GOD SHELDON I KNEW YOU WERE A FANGIRL BUT I DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE THAT KIND OF FANGIRL
(Source: the-eleventh-blog, via serialkiller-redandtardis-blue)
AskBox (Specify for Private)
Submit a flash/short fiction prompt!
Heads up on things I post:)
My Poetry/Original Work
IF YOU NEED HELP
My Ask and message are always open to anyone who needs it!
Status: Currently accepting flash, short fiction requests
Girl. 22. BA in Psychology. Artist/Poet/Musician. Activist. Soularian. Harry Potter Addict. Been here since 21/12/2010
I am both happy and sad, and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
I'm just stuck between a raincloud and a rainbow, and knowing me is like sunshine. I'm really nice and like a lot of weird things. You should talk to me. This used to be much longer, but apparently short is the new black.